Eco Clubs play an important role in creating environmental awareness amongst the future generation. 2000 Eco-Clubs have been established in Government, Aided, Private, Public Schools and Colleges of NCT of Delhi. Department of Environment provides increased token grant @Rs. 20000-/ to each Eco Club School/College for undertaking various eco-friendly activities.
- Keeping the surroundings clean.
- Planting of new trees and plants.
- Avoiding non biodegradable materials.
- Maintaining Health and Hygiene in school campus.
- Promoting nutritious food
- Planting herbs.
- Paper cuttings - Happenings of the environment.
- Hygienic sanitation to adolescent girls.
- Small talk by students - Importance of healthy foods.
- Science quiz.
- Paper cuttings of famous scientists.
- Amazing facts of science.
- Social quiz.
- Safety measures to work at home.
- Innovative ideas from students in making fine atmosphere - discussion.
- Ways to keep sound mind in a sound body - Tips.
- Slogan writing - To eradicate the burning evils.
- Planting of more trees.
- Not to use plastic bags.
- Follow proper sanitation.
- Realize the importance of safety.
- Restrict the intake of fast foods.